Where can you “work” with your Curacao gambling license?
Before starting the process of obtaining the gambling license, it will be of big benefit for you to read this article, in which we analyzed gambling legislation and the practice of applying this legislation in different jurisdictions around the world.
Dividing the countries according to the criterion “the ability to offer online gambling services”, we can distinguish 6 main types of countries:
1. Jurisdictions where online gambling is completely prohibited, in any form (such countries include, for example, Turkey, China, UAE, Cambodia, Qatar, Lebanon, Poland, Singapore, Japan, almost all Arab countries.)
2. Jurisdictions in which a gambling license can be obtained to provide services in other countries, but not in the country where the license was issued (such countries include, for example, Costa Rica and Curacao itself)
3. Jurisdictions that do not have laws regulating online gambling (such countries include, for example, India and most of the countries of southern Africa);
4. Jurisdictions in which it is legally permitted to conduct online gambling activities only to those companies that have received an “internal” license and are registered in the country in which the services are provided (such jurisdictions include, for example, most of the US states, and their number after the lifting of the federal ban constantly growing);
5. Jurisdictions in which exist state monopolies for which the exclusive right to conduct gambling activities were granted (such countries include, for example, Finland, Norway, Sweden, but there is a constant trend towards a decrease in the number of such countries, e.g. France ceased to belong to them);
6. Jurisdictions in which providing gambling services online is permitted to companies that have received a license in this country or to companies that have received a license in certain countries, the list of which is determined by legislation (such countries include some EU countries, in particular Germany in the past);
Today, having a Curacao license, you can work in all jurisdictions, except for the countries that belong to the first and fourth categories. According to the terms of the Curacao license, only in such jurisdictions as Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, France, the Netherlands, Saba, Saint Martin, Singapore and the United States is prohibited to provide gambling services online.
Please note that this article deals exclusively with the issues of operating the site and the actual provision of online gambling services. Online gambling advertising and payment solutions are two separate issues that may be regulated differently from the above explained issue.
Our specialists possess many years of experience in obtaining gambling licenses in different jurisdictions and in further support of gambling projects. Contact us via chat for a detailed consultation.